Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by James M Snell <ja...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/09/09 17:21:44 UTC

Re: [Vote] Re: Asynchronous Transport in Apache Axis, JMS and beyond

David,

Sorry about the JMS stuff, I just haven't had a good opportunity yet to
thoroughly review it (which I planned to do this week).  Both you JMS
stuff and my async interface stuff could go into the proposals directory.
>From there, we could work together on a joint solution that can be merged
into the main branch.

When Jaime gets back, give me a call (number is in my sig) and we'll have
a chat about how to move forward and get this stuff done.  I'll dig
through the JMS stuff in detail this week and will hope to provide
feedback/comments for you by Friday.

Sound like a good way to proceed?

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@us.ibm.com
     (559) 587-1233 (office)
     (700) 544-9035 (t/l)
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

David Chappell <ch...@sonicsoftware.com> wrote on 09/09/2002 04:43:58
AM:

> Well then.  Could the JMS Transport go there too?  So far I have seen a
> -1 for putting the Transport in, because it has not been exercised, and
> a +1 for an API that has not been fully thought through.  APIs are
> something you have to live with forever, once introduced.

> Dave

> Glyn Normington wrote:
> >
> > +1 to putting the prototype in the proposals directory. I feel
> > uncomfortable dropping it in the main directories given that it sounds
like
> > there is a good deal of fleshing out left to do and we are close to
cutting
> > 1.0.
> >
> > Glyn
> >

> >                       "James M Snell"
> >                       <jasnell@us.ibm.c        To:       axis-
> dev@xml.apache.org
> >                       om>                      cc:
> >                                                Subject:  [Vote]
> Re: Asynchronous Transport in Apache Axis, JMS and beyond
> >                       07/09/02 00:36
> >                       Please respond to
> >                       axis-dev
> >

> > I like the basic approach and have a proposal.
> >
> > For the Axis 1.0 release, I'd like to introduce my initial prototype
(with
> > it's several flaws) as a "Preview".  Not perfect, but better than
what's
> > currently available and functional.  I just ran through all of the
> > functional tests and everything checks out.  The code works, the tests
> > work, etc etc.  Then, for post 1.0, we can work on a more fully
fleshed
> > out approach that brings together the various ideas that have been
> > discussed in this thread (specifically, those put forth by the Sonic
> > folks, Alek and Steve).
> >
> > Please vote -1 or +1 .
> >
> > - James Snell
> >      IBM Emerging Technologies
> >      jasnell@us.ibm.com
> >      (559) 587-1233 (office)
> >      (700) 544-9035 (t/l)
> >      Programming Web Services With SOAP
> >          O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952
> >
> >      Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
> >      Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
> >      God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9
> >
> > "Steve Loughran" <st...@iseran.com> wrote on 09/06/2002 02:52:38 PM:

service.createAsyncCallController();

Boolean(true));

Boolean(true));

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@us.ibm.com>.
Ok, will get these uploaded into the proposals directory a bit later this
afternoon or evening.

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@us.ibm.com
     (559) 587-1233 (office)
     (700) 544-9035 (t/l)
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

David Chappell <ch...@sonicsoftware.com> wrote on 09/10/2002 01:39:30
PM:

> Whoops! Sorry, I had sent older versions of the xml and properties
> files.  The latest versions, and a new diff file are in the attached zip
> file.
> Dave

> David Chappell wrote:
> >
> > Hi James,
> > Here it is attached.  The contents of transport-jms.zip belong in
> > org.apache.axis.transport.jms, the
> > contents of samples-jms.zip under samples/jms, and the following files
> > replace the pre-existing ones-
> >   axisNLS.properties -> org.apache.axis.utils
> >   build.xml -> java
> >   targets.xml -> java/xmls
> >
> > Everything should be freshly re-diffed and up to date as of this
> > morning.
> >
> > At the moment JMSTest.java is intended to be run manually.  We would
> > like to add more tests to the automated test suite, but we need to
think
> > about issues like starting and stopping a JMS provider process in a
> > generic fashion.  Your input would be greatly appreciated on this.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dave

<truncated>

Re: [Vote] Re: Asynchronous Transport in Apache Axis, JMS and beyond

Posted by David Chappell <ch...@sonicsoftware.com>.

Posted by David Chappell <ch...@sonicsoftware.com>.
Hi James,

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@us.ibm.com>.