Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Owen O'Malley <ow...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2006/05/31 00:21:00 UTC

java 1.4 versus 1.5

Java 1.5 has been out for a couple of years now and has some nice
improvements in the libraries. In particular, I wish I had access to
the timeout settings on UrlConnections. Would anyone object if starting
with the 0.3 release this week, we required java 1.5 to compile and run
Hadoop?

-- Owen

Re: java 1.4 versus 1.5

Posted by Matthew Hannigan <ml...@zip.com.au>.
Do it; java 1.5 has much better profilability too.

Re: java 1.4 versus 1.5

Posted by Eric Baldeschwieler <er...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Re: java 1.4 versus 1.5