Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/28 23:14:08 UTC

resevoir blocks for region server

Hi,
Analyzing a heap dump, I saw that LinkedList of HRegionServer took up
noticeable space - namely 4 chunks of 5MB each.

Here is related entry from refguide:
hbase.regionserver.nbreservationblocks

The number of resevoir blocks of memory release on OOME so we can cleanup
properly before server shutdown.

Default: 4

I wonder if we can reduce the size of resevoir blocks.

Cheers

Re: resevoir blocks for region server

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the comment, J-D.

I will log a JIRA for this tomorrow if nobody objects.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.