Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Torsten Römer <to...@luniks.net> on 2005/06/17 00:42:10 UTC

Container Managed Security and mod_jk/Static Contents

Hello!

In order to improve performance for static contents I have setup Apache
with mod_jk. Now only Struts' *.do requests are served by Tomcat, the
rest is done by Apache. Works fine.

Now I want to restrict access to some resources using using container
managed security. That also works fine, but, and that is now my question:

I also want to protect static contents, but that won't work with
container managed security, because these requests are handled by Apache
and don't even make it to Tomcat. Of course I could just mount the
contents to be protected to Tomcat, but then I'll lose the performance
advantage of having them served by Apache.

Do I have to live with that or do I have a stupid setup?

Torsten

Re: Container Managed Security and mod_jk/Static Contents

Posted by Torsten Römer <to...@luniks.net>.
Sorry, should have mentioned that. Using form based authentication.

Posted by Gurumoorthy <g....@btinternet.com>.