Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by karthi keyan <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/05 16:47:30 UTC

Not getting GUI

Hi,

I followed the installation Guide of cloustack-4.1.0. And each and every
step was sucessfully done. But now i cant able to get the GUI.

*http://192.168.1.2:8080/client*

# 192.168.1.2 is the management server ip

I have no idea. Pls someone help me.

Regards,
Karthik

Re: Not getting GUI

Posted by karthi keyan <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Team,

I resolved the issue and installed CS. The problem is with the
documentation of CS.4.1.0
The version of CS is wrong in *4.1.0 Installation Guide*, where i have
followed the steps of CS-4.1.0 Installation Guide where i have installed
CS-4.0

[cloudstack]
name=cloudstack*baseurl=http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/rhel/4.0/*
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

So i just removed the CS-4.0 and installed CS-4.1.0 and followed the steps
of CS-4.1.0 Installation Guide. And I have installed without any issues. :)

Thanks a lot for the support.

Regards,
Karthikeyan

Re: Not getting GUI

Posted by David Comerford <da...@gmail.com>.

RE: Not getting GUI

Posted by David Ortiz <dp...@outlook.com>.

Re: Not getting GUI

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Not exactly true. OpenJDK / IcedTea etc should work also.

Re: Not getting GUI

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.

RE: Not getting GUI

Posted by Jessica Tomechak <Je...@citrix.com>.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Karthik Kothuri

RE: Not getting GUI

Posted by Jessica Tomechak <Je...@citrix.com>.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Karthik Kothuri

RE: Not getting GUI

--
Thanks and Regards,
Karthik Kothuri

Re: Not getting GUI

Posted by Karthik Kothuri <ka...@gmail.com>.
Karthik,

--
Thanks and Regards,
Karthik Kothuri

Re: Not getting GUI

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
can you post your management server logs?

Re: Not getting GUI

Posted by karthi keyan <ka...@gmail.com>.
Tried that, but not working.

Re: Not getting GUI

Posted by Bradley Hieber <me...@gmail.com>.

--
Brad

Re: Not getting GUI

Posted by karthi keyan <ka...@gmail.com>.
using Bridged network.

Re: Not getting GUI

Posted by Bradley Hieber <me...@gmail.com>.
Are you bridged or NAT'd?

--
Brad

Re: Not getting GUI

Posted by karthi keyan <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bradley,

Re: Not getting GUI

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
The installation instructions are wrong.
There is some effort being put into correcting the errors in the
documentation.

I am waiting for the next release to get the right instructions. I
overflowed my frustration bucket on the 4.1 release but will empty it
and start anew when it works.
(The best part of the instructions was the part that said that if you
followed the instructions, you would lose network connectivity with your
cloudstack server. That worked as advertised!)

I hope that they will be tested this time.

Everyone gets the same results.

Watch for e-mails about documentation ready for review if you can't wait.

I would like to organize a virtual workshop on installing Cloudstack
once the instructions are fixed. There seem to be a number of people
trying to get started with Cloudstack that are blocked at the install.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President