Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Gareth Reakes <ga...@we7.com> on 2008/08/12 09:17:36 UTC

[VOTE] Add Boris to PMC

Hey guys,

	Boris has been doing a lot of good work first as a contributor and, for
some time now, as a committer. I would like to propose that we ask Boris
to join the PMC to recognise this work.

+1

Gareth

--
Gareth Reakes, CTO                                 WE7
+44-20-7117-0809                    http://www.we7.com

Re: [VOTE] Add Boris to PMC

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@we7.com>.
I think its probably OK to close the vote now!

9 +1

7 PMC
2 committer

no 0 or -1

Welcome Boris.

Gareth

Re: [VOTE] Add Boris to PMC

Posted by John Snelson <jo...@oracle.com>.
+1

Thanks for all your work, Boris.

--
John Snelson, Oracle Corporation            http://snelson.org.uk/john
Berkeley DB XML:            http://oracle.com/database/berkeley-db/xml

Re: [VOTE] Add Boris to PMC

Posted by Vitaly Prapirny <ma...@mebius.net>.
+1

Good luck!
	Vitaly

Re: [VOTE] Add Boris to PMC

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
+1 also for me.

Alberto

Re: [VOTE] Add Boris to PMC

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Gareth Reakes wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
>     Boris has been doing a lot of good work first as a contributor and,
> for some time now, as a committer. I would like to propose that we ask
> Boris to join the PMC to recognise this work.
+1

Dave

Re: [VOTE] Add Boris to PMC

Posted by James Berry <jb...@apache.org>.
+1 from me. I'm thankful for all the effort Boris has been putting
into this project.

James

Re: [VOTE] Add Boris to PMC

Posted by Jason Stewart <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Cheers, jas.

Re: [VOTE] Add Boris to PMC

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@we7.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Add Boris to PMC

Posted by Jason Stewart <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Add Boris to PMC

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Just got back from vacation. A belated +1 from me.

I've heard that in some communities the PMC = all (most?) committers. I was
actually thinking of nominating Boris along with several other active
committers and suggesting that we do a bit of PMC clean-up. We have a
couple members that were added to the initial PMC when Xerces became a
top-level project who seem to have never participated in the PMC (and are
possibly not even subscribed to the project mailing lists anymore; if they
are they no longer post). They've effectively never been on the PMC and I
think they should be removed to reflect that unless they speak up.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Add Boris to PMC

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Add Boris to PMC

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Add Boris to PMC

Posted by David Cargill <ca...@ca.ibm.com>.
+1

David

             Gareth Reakes
             <ga...@we7.com>
             08/12/2008 03:17          private@xerces.apache.org,
             AM                        c-dev@xerces.apache.org,
                                       j-dev@xerces.apache.org,
                                       p-dev@xerces.apache.org
             Please respond to                                          cc
             c-dev@xerces.apac
                  he.org                                           Subject

Re: [VOTE] Add Boris to PMC

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.