Posted to ivy-dev@incubator.apache.org by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/27 07:25:05 UTC

scoping and datatype side effect

I started to try to scoping for the ivy :settings with the same idea than
Maarten (<ivy:settings id="my-settings" settings="settings.xml" />
<ivy:resolve resolveId="my-resolve" settingsRef="my-settings" />
<ivy:cachepath resolveId="my-resolve" settingsRef="my-settings" />)

And during the test I notice a side effect that I didn’t expected.  The
trace of the old configure task are now present in the first task to use the
settings (of curse, you would say).  For the settings, it is not really an
issue.  However, if we go up to the ivy:cachepath datatype, it might be more
problematic.  We could end with all the resolve traces under a [java] task,
which might be disappointing for the user.

We should probably see it in action before really evaluate the impact, but
that's a potential issue.

What is your feeling about that?

Gilles

Re: scoping and datatype side effect

Posted by Eric Crahen <er...@gmail.com>.
I agree. Given that I think its better to stick with tasks that produce
properties and references to Paths and filesets.

--

- Eric

Re: scoping and datatype side effect

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.