Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by we...@dj-wasabi.nl on 2015/02/05 14:07:12 UTC

cron/openldap Synchronisation not executed

Hi,

We have an syncope running with one openldap synchronisation task. The
synchronisation task should be executed via an cron trigger.
But it won’t execute the task. We first thought that we should create a
new synchronisation task, but that worked only once.

We also put the logging for ‘org.apache.syncope.core.connid’ to all, but
we don’t see why this trigger isn’t executed. We also did an restart of
Syncope, but that also don’t work.
The same issue I described above, is also on an other server. But this
server has 4 synchronisation tasks, but only 1 of them isn’t executed
like it should be. The other 3 are executed fine and on time.

What am I missing? Did I put the wrong logger into “all” mode? The rest
of the loggers are set to “ERROR”, so I would assume this should be
logged..
We are usinig Syncope V1.1.5, on Virgo 3.6.2, java 1.6.0-45, CentOS 6
using MySQL 5.5.29.

Kind regards,
Werner

Re: cron/openldap Synchronisation not executed

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Werner, I cannot exclude issues synchronizing (no full) OpenLDAP.

 1. Incremental sync cannot work for sure.
 2. Unexpected behaviours can be faceted with this kind of configuration
    if not supported.

For incremental sync with OpenLDAP you have to wait for LDAP-1 fix.
Alternatively, you can try to provide a patch. In this case, if the
patch is sufficiently generic and includes an ad-hoc integration test
(ConnId style) I will be very happy to include it in the next release.

Best regards,
F.

--
Fabio Martelli

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

Apache Syncope PMC
http://people.apache.org/~fmartelli/

Re: cron/openldap Synchronisation not executed

Posted by we...@dj-wasabi.nl.

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Werner, it seems that it's working fine: several executions are there.
Last/Next execution have been saved as well.

What I'm missing? Do you expect some change on Apache Syncope?

Please, take in account that currently OpenLDAP sync cannot be
incremental (see [1]).
Referring to "task_profile.png", please check "full reconciliation" and
try again.

Regards,
F.

[1] https://connid.atlassian.net/browse/LDAP-1

Il 06/02/2015 13:38, werner@dj-wasabi.nl ha scritto:
> Hi Fabio,
>
> I've attached some screenshosts.
>
> click on resources --> connectors --> your resource connector -->
> configuration --> check connection (on top-right)
> Done.
>
> Don't mind the execution times, it was an colleguea that was busy with
> some function synchronisation problems with ldap.
>
> Kind regards,
> Werner
>

> On 2015-02-06 12:30, Fabio Martelli wrote:
>> Hi Werner, please attach some screenshots.
>> Click on "synchronization tasks" tab and take the screenshot of the
>> task record into the list.
>> Click to edit the task and take a screenshot of profile tab, schedule
>> tab and executions tab.
>>
>> Then, please check your resource configuration:
>> click on resources --> connectors --> your resource connector -->
>> configuration --> check connection (on top-right)
>>
>> Please, let me know.
>>
>> Regards,
>> F.
>>
>> Il 06/02/2015 12:10, dj-wasabi ha scritto:
>>> Hi Fabio,
>>>
>>> Sorry, I was using 0 0/10 * * * ?.
>>> I'm used to use the asterik in crontab entries, my mistake. :-)
>>>
>>> I did what you ask, but it didn't help. I executed 3 times with 5
>>> minute
>>> interval, but it didn't run. Then I updated the cron configuration
>>> again and
>>> the "next execution" said that it should run at 12:00. I also
>>> updated the
>>> 'ROOT' logger config to debug.
>>>
>>> I only see the following lines at 12:00 when the trigger should be
>>> executed:
>>> 11:59:23.585 DEBUG org.quartz.core.QuartzSchedulerThread - batch

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Werner, see my comments in-line.
Regards,
F.

Il 06/02/2015 09:50, dj-wasabi ha scritto:
> Hi Fabio,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> I've put the following loggers on "ALL":
> connid + org.apache.syncope.core.rest + org.apache.syncope.core.sync +
> org.apache.syncope.core.quartz
Use DEBUG level. Change org.identityconnectors to DEBUG.
If you cannot see enough, please move ROOT logger to DEBUG as well.

Check into the following logs.

* core.log
* core-rest.log
* core-connid.log

> But I won't see anything in the logfiles. The synchronisation is configured
> to run every 10 minutes in the tab you mentioned. It is configured like
> this:
> * 0/10 * * * ?
Please change it to
0 0/10 * * * ?

Please note that your first '*' if not correct.
If you schedule at 8:34 (your example below), the job will be executed
at 8:40, 8:50, 9:00, 9:10, .... and so on (please note, no job will be
executed at 8:34).

> The strange thing:
> When I try to run it manually (I have to click on the execute button twice)
> and it run like how it should run, and it will schedule the job and it will
> run for 2 times. After that, it stopped.
Please click once. Each click schedule (now) a job.
You have to wait for the next quartz job executor cycle.

> Both Last Execution and Next Execution aren't updated. I manually ran the
> sync this morning at 08:34. At 08:40 and 08:50 it runs like the cron
> configuration. When I open the "Synchronisation" tab on the "Task" page, it
> will show me the "Last run": 2/6/15 9:00 AM and "Next run": 2/6/15 9:10 AM.
'last execution' and 'next execution' are about the last execution: you
cannot find info about previous executions.
> But when I "edit" this task and open the "executions" tab, it only shows me
> the last run was at 08:50.
This is really strange: maybe 8:34 and 8:40 executions haven't been
really scheduled.
Are you sure about the goodness of your steps.
Please, try again with the following:
1. loggin out if looged in
2. log in again
3. unschedule the task and save
4. check next execution column with no values
5. execute again manually three times, one every 5 minutes.
6. check executions an let me know

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Werner, please fine my comments in-line.
Regards,
F.

Il 05/02/2015 14:07, werner@dj-wasabi.nl ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> We have an syncope running with one openldap synchronisation task. The
> synchronisation task should be executed via an cron trigger.

You have provided the cron configuration into the 'Schedule' sub-tab of
synchronization task configuration window, haven't you?
Could you provide details and expected behaviour/execution time?

> But it won’t execute the task. We first thought that we should create
> a new synchronisation task, but that worked only once.

What about 'last execution' and 'next execution' column values about the
task executed once?

> We also put the logging for ‘org.apache.syncope.core.connid’ to all,
> but we don’t see why this trigger isn’t executed. We also did an
> restart of Syncope, but that also don’t work.

Try to change level about Quartz (org.apache.syncope.core.quartz)

> The same issue I described above, is also on an other server. But this
> server has 4 synchronisation tasks, but only 1 of them isn’t executed
> like it should be. The other 3 are executed fine and on time.

Is the external resource the same?

> What am I missing? Did I put the wrong logger into “all” mode? The
> rest of the loggers are set to “ERROR”, so I would assume this should
> be logged..

Change all about connid + org.apache.syncope.core.rest +
org.apache.syncope.core.sync (not sure about the last one in 1.1.5)