Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Will Miles <wm...@sgl.com> on 2008/09/11 19:35:33 UTC

Subversion on NT4

Hi,

I needed to get the subversion client up on some legacy NT4 machines and ran in to some trouble - the dreaded 'Network socket initialization failed' message reported in prior years (see http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2006-07/1034.shtml ).  For anyone else interested, I traced the problem to an issue in neon where initializing SSPI requested a feature not supported on NT4, causing it to fail out.  I've proposed a patch on the neon list ( http://lists.manyfish.co.uk/pipermail/neon/2008-September/000055.html ), but I wanted to leave a breadcrumb behind here just in case someone else runs in to the same problem in the future.

Thanks,

-Will Miles