Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Victoria Vitaver <vi...@tt.com.au> on 2005/07/28 02:48:58 UTC

Incorrect usecase redirection inside Lenya 1.4

Hi,

Has anyone else encountered funny 'redirections' when using Tomcat with Lenya 1.4.

Currently when I log into the default or the blog publications I am taken to pages which are not quite right.
An example of behaviour is as follows:
	Click to 'Log in as Editor' to my default publication   (url   /lenya/default/authoring/)
	Taken to login screen and enter details, (url lenya/default/authoring/?lenya.usecase=ac.login&referrerQueryString=?)
	Taken to url /lenya/default/authoring/null/lenya/default/authoring/index.html  which is obviously verrry wrong.

If I try go back and again click on 'Log in as Editor' it takes me to the correct page.

I'd just like to know if anyone is having the same problem as me before I file it as a bug. (I fixed it in my publications by changing how redirect url is compiled in usecase.js .. but im still too much of a n00b1 to know whether this is the correct approach)

vica

Re: Incorrect usecase redirection inside Lenya 1.4

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.
On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, Victoria Vitaver wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone else encountered funny 'redirections' when using Tomcat with Lenya 1.4.

Yes i did. This funny 'redirections' doess not occur in jetty because it
is deployed in the root context. There is certainly a problem on some
usecases because they have a "context_path" to much in the redirect and
you end up with urls like /lenya/lenya/...... This  does not matter if
lenya is deployed in the root context. I fixed some of them (as far as i
remember in the  respective jx files) but there  might be others and
probable are the reson for the .../null/.... urls too.

> Currently when I log into the default or the blog publications I am
taken to pages which are not quite right.
> An example of behaviour is as follows:
> 	Click to 'Log in as Editor' to my default publication   (url   /lenya/default/authoring/)
> 	Taken to login screen and enter details, (url lenya/default/authoring/?lenya.usecase=ac.login&referrerQueryString=?)
> 	Taken to url /lenya/default/authoring/null/lenya/default/authoring/index.html  which is obviously verrry wrong.
>
> If I try go back and again click on 'Log in as Editor' it takes me to the correct page.
>
> I'd just like to know if anyone is having the same problem as me before
> I file it as a bug. (I fixed it in my publications by changing how
> redirect url is compiled in usecase.js .. but im still too much of a
> n00b1 to know whether this is the correct approach)

What is the bug number?

Jann