Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Morten S. Mortensen" <mo...@tietoenator.com> on 2004/01/22 22:55:07 UTC

Q: Defining a path by "reference and prefix" only?

Hi all Ant-users,

I want two paths like -

<path id="a">
  <pathelement .........../>
  <pathelement .........../>
</path>

- and -

<path id="b">
</path>

- both valid for convertion through <pathconvert>.

I would like to define path "b" in such a way, that each element from "a" is in "b", but with a prefix attached! That is, by writing "b" *without* repeating the individual elements of "a", but just writing 'reference to "a"' and 'attach prefix "misc/etc/"'.

Example of effect:

After convertion the "a" path is e.g. -

"dir1/xxx/something.jar;yyy.jar;aaa/dirA;bbb/fileB"

- and "b" will automatically become -

"misc/etc/dir1/xxx/something.jar;misc/etc/yyy.jar;misc/etc/aaa/dirA;misc/etc/bbb/fileB"

Can path-like structures do this natively? -If so, how do I define path "b"?

Regards,
Morten Sabroe Mortensen