Posted to user@struts.apache.org by carty mc2 <ca...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/06 22:44:50 UTC

Struts2 general availability release date?

Hello All,
  Can anyone comment on what is the release date for  struts2 - general availability. I am planning on using  it for one of company projects. I played with Struts 2.0.1 beta release. Struts2 appears to be the best thing that happened since 1.x release.
  But I am little hesitant to put beta release in production.

  thanks,

---------------------------------

Re: Struts2 general availability release date?

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
We can't comment on a release date because its not the decision of any
one person. Each time a milestone distribution is made, each of the
committers test the distribution, and, ideally, put it into production
ourselves. Then, based on that experience, we decide whether the
distribution is ready for prime time, and, if so, we mark it "General
Availability".

The general feeling is that we are very close, and some of us are
thinking that a GA would make a nice Chrismas present, but only if
it's actually up to production standards.

-Ted.