Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2013/06/11 00:35:08 UTC

Cutting a release

Hi all,

As we planned[1], I would like to say a Hama 0.6.2 release should be
cut. We've added new features (Hama Pipes, Multilayer Perceptron) and
fixed reported (somewhat critical) bugs from 0.6.1.

----
  NEW FEATURES

   HAMA-681: Add Multi Layer Perceptron (Yexi Jiang via edwardyoon)
   HAMA-619: Hama Pipes (Martin Illecker via edwardyoon)

  BUG FIXES

   HAMA-756: Timing issue and file merging algorithm in
PartitioningRunner make job fail (MaoYuan Xian via edwardyoon)
   HAMA-755: registerJob of ZKSyncBSPMasterClient makes a useless node
in zookeeper (MaoYuan Xian via edwardyoon)
   HAMA-750: Fix bug of comma separated input paths (edwardyoon)
----

I wanted to solve two issues HAMA-749 and HAMA-720 before release. But
they are not an blocker issues, and currently some contributors are
trying to solve them. So I would like to schedule them to 0.6.3
roadmap.

If there are issues should be fixed or other opinions, Please feel
free to reply here. Otherwise I'll create a RC1 this weekend.

Thanks ;-)

P.S., I have no time to work on the HDFS 2.0 compatibility issue now
but will start to work soon.

1. https://wiki.apache.org/hama/RoadMap

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon