Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Lahiru Gamathige <la...@highfive.com> on 2016/11/01 00:04:28 UTC

Migrate from C* 2.1.11 to 3.9 (max version I can find in docker hub)

Hi Users,

I am trying to find a migration guide from 2.1.* to 3.x and figured I
should go through the NEWS.txt so I read that and found out few things that
I should be careful/consider during the upgrade.

I'm curious there's any documentation with specific steps how to do the
migration.

Anyone finished a successful migration from 2.1.* to 3.x (x > 8). Any
warnings or red lights I need to be considered ?

Regards
Lahiru

Re: Migrate from C* 2.1.11 to 3.9 (max version I can find in docker hub)

Posted by Lahiru Gamathige <la...@highfive.com>.
Hey Jeff,

Thanks a lot. Biggest change I have my mind is using
TimeWindowCompactionStrategy  in our timeseries tables (currently we use
SizeTieredCompactionStrategy).

We already have data in those tables (6 nodes each with 250GB and timedout
data but didn't get deleted from the disk) and do you think its safe to do
the migration just by changing the table property ?

I couldn't find a migration strategy for TWCS from STCS.

BTW, thanks for the great work with TWCS.

Lahiru

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <je...@crowdstrike.com>.