Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Markus Unger (RDG)" <m....@rdg-rational.de> on 2007/11/29 10:19:37 UTC

Problems while starting the Tools under axis2-1.3\bin

Hello,

I tryed to work with axis2 and the getting startet guide. But I get
errors while starting the tools under %AXIS_PATH%\bin. No
ClassDefFound... and that with alle *.bat file in the directory. I tryed
the version 1.3 and 1.2 the same errors:

====================

C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\ungerk>C:\Downloads\axis2-1.3\bin\axis2server.bat
Using JAVA_HOME    C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.5.0_14
Using AXIS2_HOME   C:\Downloads\axis2-1.3
org/apache/axis2/transport/SimpleAxis2Server
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\ungerk>echo %CLASSPATH%
.;C:\Programme\Java\jre1.5.0_13\lib\ext\QTJava.zip

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\ungerk>set
CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:\Downloads\axis2-1.3\lib\

C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\ungerk>C:\Downloads\axis2-1.3\bin\axis2server.bat
Using JAVA_HOME    C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.5.0_14
Using AXIS2_HOME   C:\Downloads\axis2-1.3
org/apache/axis2/transport/SimpleAxis2Server
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\ungerk>echo %CLASSPATH%
.;C:\Programme\Java\jre1.5.0_13\lib\ext\QTJava.zip;C:\Downloads\axis2-1.3\lib\

====================

I think the AXIS2_HOME is set correct and the JAVA_HOME too.. First I
tryed to start without the AXIS_HOME\lib and then with.. but it didn't
work...
I must only download the "Standard Distrubtion" and extract it on the
filesystem.. set the AXIS2_HOME and it must work right?

btw.. The Webapplication starts without no problem, I can develop my own
services and invoke the datas by my own client.

Anybody a idea why this tools not work?

Thanks for Help

Re: Problems while starting the Tools under axis2-1.3\bin

Posted by "Markus Unger (RDG)" <m....@rdg-rational.de>.
Thanks for help...

The failure is this line:

 FOR %%c in ("%AXIS2_HOME%\lib\*.jar") DO set
AXIS2_CLASS_PATH=%AXIS2_CLASS_PATH%;%%c

The line must add a *.jar to the classpath and save it, then the next to
the classpath... But the classpath would not be save... after the
for-loop ends it contains the last value of the loop and not all
elements of the loop.

C:\Downloads\axis2-1.3;C:\Downloads\axis2-1.3\lib\XmlSchema-1.3.2.jar
      <== Just the last Jar file would save

Where is the problem... and why works the script not by me.. I don't
think I am the first how tried to start this file ;) Could it be that
this script is not for Windows 2K Systems?

Thanks for help...
> Hi Markus,
>
> Markus Unger (RDG) wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I tryed to work with axis2 and the getting startet guide. But I get
>> errors while starting the tools under %AXIS_PATH%\bin. No
>> ClassDefFound... and that with alle *.bat file in the directory. I
>> tryed the version 1.3 and 1.2 the same errors:
>>
>> ====================
>>
>> C:\Dokumente und
>> Einstellungen\ungerk>C:\Downloads\axis2-1.3\bin\axis2server.bat
>> Using JAVA_HOME    C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.5.0_14
>> Using AXIS2_HOME   C:\Downloads\axis2-1.3
>> org/apache/axis2/transport/SimpleAxis2Server
>> C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\ungerk>echo %CLASSPATH%
>> .;C:\Programme\Java\jre1.5.0_13\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
>>
>> C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\ungerk>set
>> CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:\Downloads\axis2-1.3\lib\
>>
>> C:\Dokumente und
>> Einstellungen\ungerk>C:\Downloads\axis2-1.3\bin\axis2server.bat
>> Using JAVA_HOME    C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.5.0_14
>> Using AXIS2_HOME   C:\Downloads\axis2-1.3
>> org/apache/axis2/transport/SimpleAxis2Server
>> C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\ungerk>echo %CLASSPATH%
>> .;C:\Programme\Java\jre1.5.0_13\lib\ext\QTJava.zip;C:\Downloads\axis2-1.3\lib\
>>

>> ====================
>>
>> I think the AXIS2_HOME is set correct and the JAVA_HOME too.. First I
>> tryed to start without the AXIS_HOME\lib and then with.. but it didn't
>> work...
>>
> Since the files in the AXIS2_HOME\lib folder are .jar files, if you were
> to do it manually, you would need to add each .jar to the classpath, and
> not just the lib folder. But the .bat script is supposed to take care of
> this.
>
>> I must only download the "Standard Distrubtion" and extract it on the
>> filesystem.. set the AXIS2_HOME and it must work right?
>>
> Yes that is correct. Actually, you shouldn't even need to set
> AXIS2_HOME. Setting JAVA_HOME should suffice.
>
>> btw.. The Webapplication starts without no problem, I can develop my
>> own services and invoke the datas by my own client.
>>
>> Anybody a idea why this tools not work?
>>
>> Thanks for Help

> This is a case of the AXIS2_CLASSPATH not getting set correctly IMO.
> Try this. Open up the .bat script in notepad and comment out the topmost
> line (@echo off) by putting a 'rem' in front of it. Then run it again
> and see if the AXIS2_CLASS_PATH variable gets created properly. i.e. all
> the .jars in the lib folder should get appended to it sequentially. If
> not, please check where it's breaking down.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Suran

Markus Unger
Mitarbeiter IT
RDG Gebäudeservice GmbH
Sulinger Str. 97/99
27751 Delmenhorst

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Oldenburg, HRB 140139
Geschäftsführer: Peter Gremmert

eMail: m.unger@rdg-rational.de
Web: www.rdg-rational.de

RE: Problems while starting the Tools under axis2-1.3\bin

Posted by si...@bt.com.
Hi,

I had the same problem when I started. Using a path without spaces
solved the problem.

Regards,
Sietse

Posted by Suran Jayathilaka <su...@wso2.com>.