Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2011/01/27 07:16:13 UTC

Maven3 ?

Hi,

what are folks thinking about using Maven3. I did some tests for
Trinidad and Maven 3 yesterday ([1]).
Things like the regular build and site generation is working fine. I
am not (yet) 100% how our (Apache) Hudson
build machine like Maven3 (I used 3.0.2).

However we can simply test that.

I wonder if folks would mind, if the Trinidad build (as a starter...)
would be "requiring" Maven3.x, in the near future?

Greetings,
Matthias

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-2006

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: Maven3 ?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Ok, the hosted Maven3.0.2 works fine with the current version of our
pom (which now (kinda) requires m3).

Most important: the nightly builds works, as they worked before.

So, that part would be fixed - for now I am keeping this
"improvement", at least temporary.
(I will keep 2006 open for a bit, even it looks like we solved it)

-M

Re: Maven3 ?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: Maven3 ?

Posted by Thomas Modeneis <th...@soujava.org.br>.
Hello Matt,
Oh I don't mind...in fact I think this update will be good for Trinidad
builds.

Re: Maven3 ?

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
With a similar issue in one of my projects, related to the slightly
different version range resolution with maven 2 and 3 I just came across
this:

https://cwiki.apache.org/MAVEN/maven-3x-and-site-plugin.html#Maven3.xandsiteplugin-Usingmavensiteplugin2.xwithMaven2.xandmavensiteplugin3.xwithMaven3.x

<https://cwiki.apache.org/MAVEN/maven-3x-and-site-plugin.html#Maven3.xandsiteplugin-Usingmavensiteplugin2.xwithMaven2.xandmavensiteplugin3.xwithMaven3.x>You
can use that hack to do one thing if you have maven 3 or another if you have
maven 2...

Cheers,

Bruno

Re: Maven3 ?