Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Graham Stewart <Gr...@compuserve.com> on 2001/01/14 23:11:57 UTC

Async Appender buffer size

Are there any plans to open up control of size of the BoundedFIFO in
AsyncAppender?

Normally 128 is fine. But when my webapp gets busy the buffer fills and
logging then
uses valuable cpu just when I don't need it.

Would be great if I could set the buffer size in the XML config:

	<appender name="ASYNC" class="org.log4j.AsyncAppender">
		<param name="BufferSize" value="256"/>
		<appender-ref ref="stdout"/>
		<appender-ref ref="R"/>
	</appender>

cheers

Graham

Re: Async Appender buffer size

Posted by Ceki Gulcu <cg...@urbanet.ch>.
Graham,

I've added this feature to my todo list. Ceki

ps: I usually don't commit to dates.

At 22:11 14.01.2001 +0000, you wrote:
>Are there any plans to open up control of size of the BoundedFIFO in
>AsyncAppender?
>
>Normally 128 is fine. But when my webapp gets busy the buffer fills and
>logging then
>uses valuable cpu just when I don't need it.
>
>Would be great if I could set the buffer size in the XML config:
>
>         <appender name="ASYNC" class="org.log4j.AsyncAppender">
>                 <param name="BufferSize" value="256"/>
>                 <appender-ref ref="stdout"/>
>                 <appender-ref ref="R"/>
>         </appender>
>
>cheers
>
>Graham

---
Freedom as in the capacity to exercise choice.