Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Andreas Schaefer <sc...@me.com.INVALID> on 2020/05/14 00:52:24 UTC

Sling Feature Launcher Extensions with FM?

Hi

This might be overkill but I was wondering that if the list of extensions gets longer that handing them over to the launcher might be a longer list or it might be hard to manage.

I was wondering if it would make sense to use a Feature Model to define them and then the Feature Launcher would load them into its class loader because the target FM is actually loaded.

Cheers - Andy

Re: Sling Feature Launcher Extensions with FM?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
I guess this creates kind of a chicken-egg problem - the launcher might
need an extension to properly process a feature model. Solveable of course.

I don't think that we will end up with that many extensions, so it
should be manageable.

Regards
Carsten

On 14.05.2020 02:52, Andreas Schaefer wrote:
> Hi
>
> This might be overkill but I was wondering that if the list of extensions gets longer that handing them over to the launcher might be a longer list or it might be hard to manage.
>
> I was wondering if it would make sense to use a Feature Model to define them and then the Feature Launcher would load them into its class loader because the target FM is actually loaded.
>
> Cheers - Andy

Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland
cziegeler@apache.org