Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2012/05/03 18:05:39 UTC

[CANCELED] [VOTE] Release Syncope version 1.0.0-RC1-incubating

Hi all,
the vote [1] is canceled since the provided release artifacts did not
meet all requirements, as highlighted in the mentioned mail thread by
Emmanuel.

I am going to delete the staging repository

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesyncope-026/

and the SCM tag

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/syncope/tags/syncope-1.0.0-RC1-incubating/

Regards.

[1]
http://syncope-dev.1063484.n5.nabble.com/VOTE-Apache-Syncope-1-0-0-RC1-incubating-tt5680275.html
[2]
http://syncope-dev.1063484.n5.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Apache-Syncope-1-0-0-RC1-incubating-tt5680283.html

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: [CANCELED] [VOTE] Release Syncope version 1.0.0-RC1-incubating

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 5/4/12 8:37 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò a écrit :

>> Remember the guy who bangs his head with a hammer : "you feel soooo
>> good when you stop doing that !"
>
> Ok, got it: releasing is a painful and useless process, performed by a
> dumb :-P
I just checked out ApacheDS 1.5.0 to run some performance tests on it
(just to see how bad it was back 4 yars ago :), and trust me, I don't
know who did the release, and who voted +1 on it, because even a simple
mvn clean install bail out immediately because the main pom.xml is just
totally broken !

Releasing is hard, doing it fine is painful, and you should not trust
voters ;) Well, it's like a democracy !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [CANCELED] [VOTE] Release Syncope version 1.0.0-RC1-incubating

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 03/05/2012 18:15, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> Le 5/3/12 6:05 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>> the vote [1] is canceled since the provided release artifacts did not
>> meet all requirements, as highlighted in the mentioned mail thread by
>> Emmanuel.
> doh... Sorry for that :)
>
> But it's getting closer and closer !

Yes, I hope 4th is the good one :-)