Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/03 03:42:03 UTC

Dangling collections in front of commons

Does anyone object if I send a suggestion to the commons PMC that
mahout-collections would make more sense as commons-something-or-another? I
don't expect to get anywhere, but I thought I'd try.

Re: Dangling collections in front of commons

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Commons-collections turns out to be a very specific thing which this
is not. I have an intemediate proposal that I'll put in a separate
thread.

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Apr 3, 2010, at 5:17 AM, Sean Owen wrote:

> I'm neutral... maybe let it marinate longer in Mahout, prove it's used
> and worthwhile and such?

Yeah, I'd tend to agree here.  Let's see if we get some contributions on it and how it plays out for us.

> I think the question will be, well, doesn't that conflict with Commons
> Collections, and so, are we suggesting pushing into Collections, and
> can we make an argument that it complements Collections?

I think it does, since it focuses on primitives.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.