Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nick Black <ni...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/28 14:33:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Problems with Mod_headers

Hello,

I am quite new to apache configuration (yesterday was my first attempt
to isntall and configure), and I have run into a few problems that I
cant find any answers to.

My problems surround mod_header.  I am using an httpd.conf file sent
to me by someone with a working installation of the server that I am
attempting to install - so I know that it should work.

I am running Ubuntu server LAMP:
Linux 2.6.15-26-server #1 SMP Fri Sep 8 21:00:37 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux

When i try to start apache I get the following (the first warning is a
whole different kettle of problems):

nick@nick:/usr/lib/apache2/modules$ httpd
[Thu Sep 28 12:49:24 2006] [warn] module ruby_module is already loaded, skipping
Syntax error on line 232 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/openstreetmap.org:
Invalid command 'RequestHeader', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a

My unserstanding is that RequestHeader is  a directive of Mod_Headers,
which (I think) should be built into Apache2.

nick@nick:/usr/lib/apache2/modules$ locate mod_headers
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_headers.so

So my questions are:

1) Do I need to install/reinstall mod_headers?
2) Is there another reason why this wouldnt be working?

Thanks in advance,

Nick