Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Sarang Deshpande <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/09 20:37:38 UTC

Common jars missing from Storm 0.9.4 distribution

Between 0.9.2 and 0.9.4, some of the common lib jars were taken out of
Storm's distribution. These are as follows -

curator-client-2.4.0.jar
curator-framework-2.4.0.jar
guava-13.0.jar
httpclient-4.3.3.jar
httpcore-4.3.2.jar
netty-3.2.2.Final.jar
netty-3.6.3.Final.jar
servlet-api-2.5-20081211.jar
zookeeper-3.4.5.jar

After upgrading Storm to 0.9.4, topology components started failing on
class not found exceptions because of missing libs. I added those to the
topology fat jar but wondering why these would have been taken out from
distribution.

Thanks
~Sarang

Re: Common jars missing from Storm 0.9.4 distribution

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Those dependencies are now included in the storm-core jar, with their packages renamed. This was introduced in 0.9.3 to address common sources of dependency conflicts.

You can find more details in the 0.9.3 announcement:

http://storm.apache.org/2014/11/25/storm093-released.html

-Taylor