Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net> on 2000/12/20 07:35:08 UTC

Re: Win32 build with VC++

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000, Randy Kobes wrote:

> >     I've attached a draft diff to the cvs mod_perl
> > top-level Makefile.PL for building mod_perl on
> > Win32 using VC++.
> [ ... ]

wow randy, that looks like it was painful to get right, great work!
and thanks to sterling for testing, i think you made his day with this
patch, was it really almost 2 months ago!?!

Re: Win32 build with VC++

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
applied, and INSTALL.activeperl removed, thanks randy!

Re: Win32 build with VC++

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Randy Kobes wrote:

> Hi,
>     I tested out the mod_perl cvs version (against
> apache_1.3.15-dev) which had these Makefile.PL
> patches, and all tests pass .... And Geoff's patch
> to Apache::MyConfig looks good on Windows, too.
>    I've attached a diff to INSTALL.win32 (against the
> cvs version) to reflect some of these changes - this also
> fixes a couple of typos, and mentions that mod_perl can
> now build with ActivePerl. Also, perhaps it might be an
> idea to remove INSTALL.activeperl, since that doesn't
> apply to the current ActivePerl builds 6xx?

Along with this patch we should also update perl.apache.org to reflect the
PPD/PPM Win32 version availability.

--
<Matt/>

    /||    ** Director and CTO **