Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/19 08:18:44 UTC

[DISCUSS] Disable JIRA worklog for GitHub PRs

Hello,

Everything that happens in a GitHub PR creates a worklog entry under
the respective JIRA ticket.
For every worklog entry we receive a notification from jira@apache.org
when we are watching an issue. The worklog entry and email
notification usually appear messy.

Moreover, if we are watching the GitHub PR we are going to get a
notification from notifications@github.com which has the same content
with the JIRA worklog entry and is much more readable.

Finally, the PR notification is also going to
commits@calcite.apache.org so those who are subscribed to that list
will get the same notification three times.

Personally, I never read the JIRA worklog notifications and I largely
prefer those from notifications@github.com.

How do you feel about disabling the worklog entries in JIRA coming
from GitHub PRs?

For archiving purposes, the notifications already go to commits@ so we
don't lose anything from disabling the worklog entries. On the
contrary, I find that this would reduce the noise and redundancy on
our inboxes.

Concretely this is what I have in mind in terms of change:
https://github.com/apache/calcite/pull/3166

Best,
Stamatis

Re: [DISCUSS] Disable JIRA worklog for GitHub PRs

Posted by Benchao Li <li...@apache.org>.
I noticed that calcite-avatica repo still sends the worklog comments,
and I opened a PR[1] to disable it.

[1] https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/240

Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com> 于2023年4月21日周五 17:18写道:

--

Best,
Benchao Li

Re: [DISCUSS] Disable JIRA worklog for GitHub PRs

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Zou <zo...@163.com>.

Posted by Benchao Li <li...@apache.org>.
+1,

--

Best,
Benchao Li

Re: [DISCUSS] Disable JIRA worklog for GitHub PRs

Posted by Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org>.
+1 from me as well

Posted by Ruben Q L <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1