Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sidart Kurias <si...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/06 19:14:14 UTC

Multiproject and distribution plugins.

All

How do I build a distribution for a  multiproject
setup. I want to be able to package the jars generated
by each of the subprojects and the jars on which they
depend on too into one relase. The release plugin
(which is now deprecated) had a way of selectively
specify - through properties tag - which jars could be
included in the distribution. How do I do the same in
a multiproject scenario, perhaps using the
distribution plugin (or any other way)

Thanks

Re: Multiproject and distribution plugins.

Posted by Sidart Kurias <si...@yahoo.com>.
Mike

Thanks. This did solve part of my problem.  I am
looking at m2 to see if it will help package the
dependencis for me too. I believe there is a way to do
it in m2.

sidart

--- Michael Niemaz <Mi...@xrce.xerox.com>
wrote:

> We did the same for wars, but it should be fairly
> easy to change it for
> jars.
> You need to implement the
> "dist:prepare-bin-filesystem" postgoal such as:
>
> <postGoal name="dist:prepare-bin-filesystem">
> <!-- copying war files in distrib -->
> <maven:reactor basedir="${basedir}"
> excludes="*/project.xml"
> includes="smartdocument.services/*/project.xml"
> postProcessing="true"
> collectOnly="true" collectionVar="multiprjs"
> ignoreFailures="false" />
> <j:forEach var="project" items="${multiprjs}">
> <echo>Copying

${project.getContext().getVariable("maven.build.dir")}/${project.getArtifactId()}.war

> to ${maven.dist.bin.assembly.dir}</echo>
> <copy

file='${project.getContext().getVariable("maven.build.dir")}/${project.getArtifactId()}.war'

tofile="${maven.dist.bin.assembly.dir}/${project.getArtifactId()}.war"

Posted by Michael Niemaz <Mi...@xrce.xerox.com>.