Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lakshmeenrayana <na...@intertec1.com> on 2001/04/06 19:47:53 UTC

OuputStream Already in Use..!!! Please Help

I am using Tomcat and trying to write a Gif file to client browser window using JSP.
I use ACME - GifEncoder to convert the picture to GIF.
The Encoder needs OutputStream type object as one of the parameter in its constructor.
I am using ServletOutputStream object for this, which i got through response.getOutputStream().

But the tomcat gives Error as "OutputStream already been used."

But the GIF image is Displayed properly in IE 5.0.

It gives ASCII charactes in Netscape.

Why is this so.

Please help.
Thanks for the time.