Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lessie Zoa Mitch <le...@hawaii.rr.com> on 2006/05/25 05:52:28 UTC

Istalling Bugzilla on Tomcat

Greetings everyone.

I am relatively new and loving Java—Tomcat—Linux—all of it! But being new,
well… please bear with me if I ramble…

Situation:

Due to the nature of our ecommerce software, we do not run Apache.

I have only found one other post here regarding a Bugzilla on Tomcat
install, and the response was most disappointing—as well as a few years ago.

So, I present the question again…

Has someone tried to install Bugzilla on a straight Tomcat server?

Our box serves 5 separate IPs
  3 are ecommerce sites
  1 is an ftp area
  1 is for development and tools, such as Bugzilla.

I intend to use Bugzilla to help track issues on each of the ecommerce
websites as well as development bugs for new ecommerce solutions.

Complete Environment:
  Linux 2.6.9
  MySQL 5.0.20
  Tomcat 5.5.16
  Bugzilla 2.22 (this is what I want!)

Bugzilla’s ./checksetup.pl ran well and I installed the PERL stuff it
needed. :-)

Then I went to activate the cgi components of Tomcat.

I have read through the files and did uncomment the cgi servelet and mapping
in the web.xml for Tomcat, then realized that is a global setting – I only
want it to work for Bugzilla. So I went ahead and created a WEB-INF
directory, made a new web.xml. I also set up a context file in the
CATALINA/hosts as I did for my ecommerce sites.

But I am confused. Bugzilla is cgi… will the Tomcat even recognize it?

My Tomcat manager does see the Bugzilla directory as I placed it in the
MYDIR/ipstring/webapps directory, however it does not run (obviously, is not
Java!). When I try to “run it” I get this:
FAIL - Application at context path /bugzilla could not be started

Ok, I can deal with that as Bugzilla is not java.

I go to my webbrowser, and it does not come up.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Should I seek a more java-esq bug tracker?
Is there one?

Helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo.

LessZoa
Lessie Zoä Mitch
WebMaster
SSH - OSS - BS - MOSS
815C Waiakamilo Rd.
Honolulu, HI  96817
PH-(808) 847-4017
FX-(808) 842-1233
 <http://www.SafetySystemsHawaii.com> www.SafetySystemsHawaii.com
 <http://www.OneShotSupplies.com> www.OneShotSupplies.com
 <http://www.BrandySigns.com> www.BrandySigns.com
To see things in the seed, that is genius.
                                                --Lao-Tzu
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
information.

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply

Re: Istalling Bugzilla on Tomcat

Posted by Wade Chandler <hw...@yahoo.com>.

http://www.nabble.com/Istalling+Bugzilla+on+Tomcat-t1679203.html#a4566756
> Sent from the Tomcat - User forum at Nabble.com.

You should be able to use:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/cgi-howto.html

with only Tomcat and Bugzilla(and dependencies of
course).

Wade

Re: Istalling Bugzilla on Tomcat