Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2018/01/13 04:48:57 UTC

[VOTE] The fourth hbase-2.0.0-beta-1 Release Candidate is available for download

The fourth release candidate for HBase 2.0.0-beta-1 is up at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.0.0-beta-1-RC3/

Maven artifacts are available from a staging directory here:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1193

All was signed with my key at 8ACC93D2 [1].

I tagged the RC as 2.0.0-beta-1-RC1.7 at hash 026f535a7747b89003252ded9
585e827686aa79f

This RC has some nice bug fixes over RC0-2 including fixing MOST of the
failing and flakey tests (We are still working through them).

hbase-2.0.0-beta-1 is our first beta release. It includes all that was in
previous alphas (new assignment manager, offheap read/write path, in-memory
compactions, etc.). The APIs and feature-set are sealed.

hbase-2.0.0-beta-1 is a not-for-production preview of hbase-2.0.0. It is
meant for devs and downstreamers to test drive and flag us if we messed up
on anything ahead of our rolling GAs. We are particular interested in
hearing from Coprocessor developers.

The list of features addressed in 2.0.0 so far can be found here [3]. There
are thousands. The list of ~2k+ fixes in 2.0.0 exclusively can be found
here [4] (My JIRA JQL foo is a bit dodgy -- forgive me if mistakes).

I've updated our overview doc. on the state of 2.0.0 [6]. We'll do one more
beta before we put up our first 2.0.0 Release Candidate by the end of
January, 2.0.0-beta-2. Its focus will be making it so users can do a
rolling upgrade on to hbase-2.x from hbase-1.x (and any bug fixes found
running beta-1). Here is the list of what we have targeted so far for
beta-2 [5]. Check it out.

One known issue is that the User API has not been properly filtered so it
shows more than just InterfaceAudience Public content (HBASE-19663, to be
fixed by beta-2).

Please take this beta for a spin. Please vote on whether it ok to put out
this RC as our first beta (Note CHANGES has not yet been updated). Let the
VOTE be open for 72 hours (Lets say Tuesday morning!)

Thanks,
Your 2.0.0 Release Manager

1. http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9816C7FC8ACC93D2
3. https://goo.gl/scYjJr
4. https://goo.gl/dFFT8b
5. https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/HBASE/versions/12340862
6. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WCsVlnHjJeKUcl7wHwqb4
z9iEu_ktczrlKHK8N4SZzs/

Re: [VOTE] The fourth hbase-2.0.0-beta-1 Release Candidate is available for download

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Clean first before running RAT checks. Better?

Posted by Ashish Singhi <as...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ashish Singhi <as...@apache.org>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Does this also happen on master?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ramkrishna vasudevan <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

- checksum ok
- signature ok.
- built from src.
- Ran PE tool. Performed Randomwrites and random reads. No issues observed.

Regards
Ram

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 8:58 PM, Balazs Meszaros <

Posted by Balazs Meszaros <ba...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Yung-An He <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.
+1 (no-binding)

hbase-2.0.0-beta-1-bin.tar.gz (jdk8u144)
- Verified md5sum: ok
- Start HBase in standalone mode: ok
- Verified with shell, create/disable/enable/drop/get/put/scan/delete: ok
- Checked master/regionserver/region Web UI: ok

hbase-2.0.0-beta-1-src.tar.gz (jdk8u144)
- Verified md5sum: ok
- Build tarball: ok

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <mi...@apache.org>.
Same. Thanks to all for such a quick and lively vote and thanks to Stack
for all these RC builds.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] The fourth hbase-2.0.0-beta-1 Release Candidate is available for download

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1(binding)
Download the bin tarball and use it to start a 5 node cluster: OK
Use LTT to load and verify 1M rows: OK
Checked Web UI during the test: OK, the qps number seems correct.
Execute several commands in shell: OK

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.