Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Houston Putman <ho...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/11 14:45:51 UTC

Subdirectory of the src release

Hey everyone,

I'm working on the Slim solr distribution (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-16742) and I noticed that the
Solr src release unpacks to a directory without "-src" appended.

E.g. solr-9.2.0-src.tgz will unpack to solr-9.2.0/ instead of
solr-9.2.0-src/

I'm sure this is just how it was done originally, and no one thought to
change it.
Does anyone have historical reasons as to why this is the case?

I'd like to be able to treat all of our release artifacts consistently, so
that they unpack to a folder that matches the name of the distribution.
Are there any objections to changing this starting in 10?
It's not a huge change, but probably something we shouldn't do midway
through 9.
However, if people think we should change sooner rather than later, I'm
fine with that.

- Houston

Re: Subdirectory of the src release

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.