Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Eli Levine <el...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/06 18:15:40 UTC

Re: Phoenix Multi-Tenancy

Hi Sudipta,

This is a good high-level overview of Phoenix’s multi-tenancy: https://
phoenix.apache.org/multi-tenancy.html

Are you looking for more info than what’s on that page?

CC’ing user@phoenix, since this might be useful to others.

Thanks,

Eli

Re: Phoenix Multi-Tenancy

Posted by Eli Levine <el...@gmail.com>.
A multi-tenant table's first PK column is treated as the tenant id column.
Since it's the fist PK column, tenant data is naturally co-located.  A
tenant-specific connection automatically applies a where clause that tenant
to only see its data in multi-tenant tables and tenant-specific views over
those tables.

Thanks,

Eli