Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eugen Stoianovici <eu...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/31 04:54:24 UTC

[S2] Integrating with springframework and tiles

I'm using  using struts 2.0.9 with springframework 2.0.6 and i want to
use tiles as a template engine. Now in struts1 i would use
org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet to initialize the
org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles.TilesConfigurer but there's
no such class in struts2. Is there a replacement?

Re: [S2] Integrating with springframework and tiles

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/8/31, Eugen Stoianovici <eu...@gmail.com>:

> I'm using  using struts 2.0.9 with springframework 2.0.6 and i want to
> use tiles as a template engine. Now in struts1 i would use
> org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet to initialize the
> org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles.TilesConfigurer but there's
> no such class in struts2. Is there a replacement?

Spring has an integration layer to Struts 1, but none for Struts 2.
Instead, you have to use Spring  Plugin included in the Struts 2
distribution:
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/spring-plugin.html
About Tiles, there is no need to add particular configuration as long as you
use Struts 2 - Tiles 2 plugin:
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/tiles-plugin.html
And anyway, the I18nFactorySet has been removed from Tiles. For more
information about Tiles 2 itself, see:
http://tiles.apache.org/
In particular:
http://tiles.apache.org/migration/index.html

HTH
Antonio

Re: [S2] Integrating with springframework and tiles

Posted by Eugen Stoianovici <eu...@gmail.com>.
wouldn't this affect the spring listener?

Posted by George Dadulescu <ge...@gmail.com>.
Just add the tile listener in the web.xml file of your application and set a
tiles result type in the struts.xml file.

On 8/31/07, Eugen Stoianovici <eu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using  using struts 2.0.9 with springframework 2.0.6 and i want to
> use tiles as a template engine. Now in struts1 i would use
> org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet to initialize the
> org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles.TilesConfigurer but there's
> no such class in struts2. Is there a replacement?

<George />