Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by fernando castano <Fe...@Sun.COM> on 2008/03/26 00:17:19 UTC

http request post question

Hi all,

 I am doing a post with multipart/form-data in our wiki.  To configure
the HTTP request I add file in the Filename section, set the value for
name to text and check the "use multipart" box.

My problem is that the application is expecting to receive the whole
file as the value of the parameter.  What is happening with jmeter is
that the file is being saved in /tmp/CGI.4935714.0 in the server and
that is being passed as the value of the parameter.  As a result, the
wiki page is being created with the text "<File:0x13462>" instead of the
content of the file.

How could I send the file as the value of the parameter?

TIA,

fdo

Re: http request post question

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25/03/2008, fernando castano <Fe...@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I am doing a post with multipart/form-data in our wiki.  To configure
>  the HTTP request I add file in the Filename section, set the value for
>  name to text and check the "use multipart" box.
>
>  My problem is that the application is expecting to receive the whole
>  file as the value of the parameter.  What is happening with jmeter is
>  that the file is being saved in /tmp/CGI.4935714.0 in the server and
>  that is being passed as the value of the parameter.  As a result, the
>  wiki page is being created with the text "<File:0x13462>" instead of the
>  content of the file.
>
>  How could I send the file as the value of the parameter?

Not sure I follow you.

Do you want to send the file contents as the value of a parameter?

I suggest you use the JMeter proxy to record how a browser does it and
tweak the generated test plan as needed.