Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michiel Verhoef <mi...@cmg.nl> on 2001/04/11 09:03:47 UTC

RE: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/fop/apps/XalanCommandLine

Now I am utterly confused: I just downloaded the
Fop-0.18.1-DEV-src.tar.gz from the website and
gunzipped and untarred it. This is what I got:

tar: directory checksum error

Last Monday (I wasn't at the office yesterday) I
managed to untar the file without errors but some
files obviously didn't unpack. Now this error ..????
This whole thing is getting weirder by the minute ..

Thanks for any input,

Michiel

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@yahoo.com>.
--- Michiel Verhoef <mi...@cmg.nl> wrote:
> Now I am utterly confused: I just downloaded the
> Fop-0.18.1-DEV-src.tar.gz from the website and
> gunzipped and untarred it. This is what I got:
>
> tar: directory checksum error

When you get this it is usually a sign that the files within the tar archive
have paths too long for the standard tar program. Use gtar (gnu's tar instead).

I think I hit the same problem on Solaris.

This is a bit of a problem because unlike "*.gz" there is no commonly accepted
convention for a gnu tar archive. As far as I know it is the same format - just
less buggy.

Hmmmm - perhaps I better put this in the FAQ. Are other people getting this too?
Alex

=====
Alex McLintock        alex@OWAL.co.uk
OpenWeb Analysts Ltd, http://www.OWAL.co.uk/