Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by TomazM <to...@arnes.si> on 2009/12/01 13:24:43 UTC

xml-rpc over SSL; strange behavior

Is it possible a client close connection, client use SSL.
I have very strange problem with all apache xml-rpc (1.2 or 3.1.2 version) library when using SSL.

I have this: xml-rpc client in java (using 1.2. version OR 3.1.2 version) xml-rpc server(c++)

1) When I use client(whith SSL) on centos, ubuntu it works fine, but if I use it on Win XP it crash server.

XP OS(java 1.5 or 1.6):     Actually first run a client program It looks everything fine, but second run of client, crash server.
Linux OS(java 1.5 or 1.6):  Client run for many times and server is still alive.

It seam that something is wrong with SSL communication, I can't figure it out.

2) Is it possible from  XmlRpcClient close connection(SSL)?

3) What is the best pratice to use XmlRpcClient with SSL?

4) XmlRpcClient  version 1.2 I use this class org.apache.xmlrpc.secure.SecureXmlRpcClient and set the keystore and truststore

Can I close SSLContext through SecureXmlRpcClient ?

5) XmlRpcClient  version 3.1.2 I use SSLContext and HttpsURLConnection which I set him default socket factory

HttpsURLConnection.setDefaultSSLSocketFactory(sslc.getSocketFactory());

Is there any better way to use SSL communication?
How to send close connection from client?

Any ideas,

  regards Tomaz