Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Suriya Simsuwat <ss...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/17 10:42:23 UTC

Got confused with the cform example on SVN

Hello all,

I wanted to use cform example of Lenya 1.4  providing on
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/sandbox/cformedit/lenya/usecases/. I
got a doubt when I went to the step 2 in README.txt that I could not find
the samples/common/xslt in the build directory of cocoon 2.1.9. Could anyone
suggest me  where to find it? Is there another way to get started with
cform?.

Regards,
Suriya

Re: Got confused with the cform example on SVN

Posted by Joern Nettingsmeier <ne...@folkwang-hochschule.de>.
Suriya Simsuwat wrote:
> I would like to try it. :)

suriya, sorry for not getting back to you earlier.
i have run into a problem with my new flow code - there are caching
issues i don't fully understand, which cause custom flow code not to be
reloaded properly.
need to figure that one out first....

regards,

jörn

> 2006/10/18, Jörn Nettingsmeier <pol-admin@uni-duisburg-essen.de
> <ma...@uni-duisburg-essen.de>>:
>
>     Suriya Simsuwat wrote:
>      > Hello all,
>      >
>      > I wanted to use cform example of Lenya 1.4  providing on
>      >
>     https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/sandbox/cformedit/lenya/usecases/
>     <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/sandbox/cformedit/lenya/usecases/>
>      >
>     <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/sandbox/cformedit/lenya/usecases/>.
>      > I got a doubt when I went to the step 2 in README.txt that I
>     could not
>      > find the samples/common/xslt in the build directory of cocoon 2.1.9.
>      > Could anyone suggest me  where to find it? Is there another way
>     to get
>      > started with cform?.
>
>     iirc cforms has some issues atm - at least it did not work with ajax
>     enabled the last time i tried.
>
>     i have some code here that is a major rewrite of the usecase flowscript,
>     and it also touches (and hopefully fixes) the cforms usecase. it's not
>     properly tested yet as i'm on a 3-day job atm, but i'll try and put it
>     up somewhere for review tomorrow if i find some time on the train.
>
>     basically, if you want to do serious stuff with cforms, you should
>     consider writing your own custom flow and bypass the usecase handler for
>     now, because the current mechanism is compile-time, which makes
>     debugging your flow really tedious.
>     i'm working on a new generic way to insert custom flow code into the
>     generic usecase framework, and i would welcome fearless beta
>     testers. ;)
>
>     regards,
>
>     jörn

jörn nettingsmeier

home://germany/45128 essen/lortzingstr. 11/
http://spunk.dnsalias.org
phone://+49/201/491621

if you are a free (as in "free speech") software developer
and you happen to be travelling near my home, drop me a line
and come round for a free (as in "free beer") beer. :-D

Re: Got confused with the cform example on SVN

Posted by Suriya Simsuwat <ss...@gmail.com>.
I would like to try it. :)

Cheers,
Suriya