Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Hitesh Gautam <ga...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/22 05:47:49 UTC

[GSOC 2018 apache taverna mobile] Weekly progress mail

Greetings,

Currently, My task is to implement the dagger 2 in apache taverna mobile.
So, in the dagger, there is a dependency consumer which asks for the
dependency(Object) from a dependency provider through a connector. In
dependency consumer, we use @Inject to define the dependencies. So, in our
project, I have initialised all the dependencies which were used in the
classes in a single file and now they were globally initialized. Now every
class can take all its dependencies from outside.

And in dependency provider, Classes annotated with @Module are responsible
for providing objects which can be injected. Such classes define methods
annotated with @Provides. The returned objects from these methods are
available for dependency injection. So, I have annotated all the classes
with @Module and defined the methods with @Provides.

So, now I am connecting consumer and producer. A @Component annotated
interface defines the connection between the provider of objects (modules)
and the objects which express a dependency. The class for this connection
is generated by the Dagger.

After learning about the dagger 2 I found some limitations about it:-

1) Dagger2 does not inject fields automatically.
2) It cannot inject private fields.
3) If you want to use field injection you have to define a method in your
@Component annotated interface which takes the instance of the class into
which you want to inject the member variable.

So, this is the current status of the project development and I have also
written the weekly blog on the dagger 2.

Please feel free to give any suggestions. I will be grateful for your
valuable insights.

*Hitesh Gautam <https://www.linkedin.com/in/hitesh-gautam-84752a148/>*
B.Tech (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovation)
Cluster Innovation Centre
New Delhi | India
Ph :- +91 8383848780
‌