Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Moazam Raja <mo...@sun.com> on 2002/05/01 07:56:12 UTC

Problem with dbtags and Forte for Java?

I'm currently trying to use the DBTags (1.0 Beta 1) taglib inside of
Forte for Java CE 3.0 but I don't seem to be having any luck.

I'm trying to execute the basic example using <sql:connection> and have
it connect to a mySql database. But I get a very odd message when I try
to compile my JSP. The message is as follows:

helloWorld.jsp [5:0] Body is supposed to be empty for sql:connection
Errors compiling helloWorld.

I must be missing something silly. I've stripped out any extra HTML code
from the JSP just to make sure thats not whats causing the problem, but
still no luck. The code I am using is the "Simple Usage Example" from
the DBTags documentation
(http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/dbtags-doc/index.html#overview.usage).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-Moazam

Re: Problem with dbtags and Forte for Java?

Posted by Moazam Raja <mo...@sun.com>.
Well, I'm not sure exactly how or why, but I got this working finally.

I think it had something to do with my classpath..or environment
settings.

I simply started a new Project within FFJ, created a new Web Module, a
new JSP, cut & pasted the same exact code, and whamo, it worked.
Gremlins.

-Moazam