Posted to user@spark.apache.org by danilopds <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/04 20:35:52 UTC

Re: Spark metrics for ganglia

Hello Samudrala,

Did you solve this issue about view metrics in Ganglia??
Because I have the same problem.

Thanks.

Re: Spark metrics for ganglia

Posted by Tim Harsch <th...@cray.com>.
Did you get past this issue?  I¹m trying to get this to work as well.  You
have to compile in the spark-ganglia-lgpl artifact into your application.

<dependency>
          <groupId>org.apache.spark</groupId>
            <artifactId>spark-ganglia-lgpl_2.10</artifactId>
                <version>${project.version}</version>
        </dependency>

So I added the above snippet to the examples project, and it finds the
class now when I try to run the Pi example, but I get this problem instead:

14/12/24 11:47:23 ERROR metrics.MetricsSystem: Sink class
org.apache.spark.metrics.sink.GangliaSink cannot be instantialized
<ŠSNIPŠ>
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1 "

Posted by swetha kasireddy <sw...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

How to verify whether the GangliaSink directory got created?

Thanks,
Swetha