Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Christian Märzinger <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/10 01:33:55 UTC

Error deleting Part

Hello!

I try do delete a part of a docx file.
first I grab the part with the following code

PackagePartName commentsPart = PackagingURIHelper.createPartName("/word/comments.xml")

comment = opcPackage.getPart(commentsPart);

then I try to delete it

opcPackage.delete(comment);

In debug the comment part is not null and also I find the part in the
partlist.
But I get the error

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: partName

Do I have to delete the relationships manually or something other?
Thanks

Re: Error deleting Part

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Tue, 11 Jan 2011, Christian Märzinger wrote:
>> PackagePartName commentsPart =
>> PackagingURIHelper.createPartName("/word/comments.xml")
>>
>> comment = opcPackage.getPart(commentsPart);
>>
>> then I try to delete it
>>
>> opcPackage.delete(comment);

OPCPackage doesn't have a delete(PackagePart) method on it...

You want to call opcPackage.deletePart(PackagePartName):
http://poi.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/poi/openxml4j/opc/OPCPackage.html#deletePart(org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.PackagePartName)

This method should work fine, and there are unit tests for it

Nick

Re: Error deleting Part

Posted by Christian Märzinger <ch...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the wrong code
I try to delete from the opcPackage with the commentsPart

but the error is the same