Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Kyle Lin <ky...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/08 03:35:52 UTC

Cannot see MR logs in Hadoop 2.x

Hey guys

    My Environment: HDP 2 (Hadoop 2.2.0).

    When using Hadoop 1.x, I write log imformation in my MapReduce code,
then see the log message in TaskTracker log. But In YARN, I cannot find the
log message in any log files(historyserver, nodemanager, resourcemanager),
even using System.out.println.

    I also try to see app log through the address of
yarn.resourcemanager.webapp.address. Still cannot see my log messages.

Kyle

Re: Cannot see MR logs in Hadoop 2.x

Posted by Kyle Lin <ky...@gmail.com>.
As this link(
http://hortonworks.com/blog/simplifying-user-logs-management-and-access-in-yarn/)
said, Hortonworks' HDP change the user-logs rule.

Posted by Kyle Lin <ky...@gmail.com>.
As this link(

Posted by Kyle Lin <ky...@gmail.com>.
As this link(