Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by "Ramirez, Paul M (388J)" <pa...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2011/10/03 23:09:35 UTC

OODT [RADiX] Update

Hi All,

Over the past few months Cameron and I have tried to make the RADiX vision a reality. Here's a brief update on the work and a preliminary of what will be shown at ApacheCon 2011 http://www.slideshare.net/PaulRamirez9/apache-oodt-radix. In addition, there is a Wiki that we have been using to collaborate on https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/RADiX+Powered+By+OODT; this is a great place to start to understand RADiX and will likely be the basis for installation documentation. As always volunteers are more than welcome. Feel free to use this list to provide feedback to stuff on the Wiki.

Thanks,
Paul & Cameron

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ramirez, Paul M (388J)" <pa...@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Date: April 18, 2011 8:14:16 AM PDT
To: "dev@oodt.apache.org<ma...@oodt.apache.org>" <de...@oodt.apache.org>>
Cc: oodt-dev <oo...@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Subject: RADiX for ApacheCon

Hey All,

Cameron and I are going to send in a proposal to talk about RADiX at Apache Con in November. RADiX aims to be an easy distribution of OODT with components integrated out of the box. It will provide a direction for both the source and deployment structure of OODT and allow one to easily get from one to the other. Feel free to help out or provide input to this effort at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/RADiX+Powered+By+OODT . We have an initial goal of getting Crawler, FileMgr, and Workflow integrated by end of June and the rest of the components by end of October. As always comments, suggestions, and commits are welcome.

As a side note, our Apache Con presentation will focus mostly on RADiX but it would be nice to have a presentation that focused on OODT vocabulary and its paradigm to building data systems; which would flow really well into our presentation.

Any others that want to help out in this Apache Con effort the submission deadline is Friday, April 29th http://na11.apachecon.com/. We're hoping that we can build synergy with anyone else that is going to submit a presentation proposal.

Thanks,
Paul Ramirez & Cameron Goodale

Re: OODT [RADiX] Update

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
+1 to targeting FM, WM, crawler, curator, fmprod, fmbrowser (webapp), wmonitor (webapp), and weditor (app) and fmbrowser (app)
in OODT RADIX 0.4, We can push on the other components as folks, and patches and contributions in that area become available.

Cheers,
Chris

On Oct 3, 2011, at 5:23 PM, Ramirez, Paul M (388J) wrote:

> [...]
>
> or:
>
> prompt> oodt-radix -productTypeInfo foo
>
> This command could then give a summary of all information concerning product type "foo" across the components
>
> That stuff is probably a ways out there but it would be nice to make some strides to get there. For the OODT 0.4 Release the target is to get in FileManager, Workflow, and Crawler. If we make it any further it will be at the help of other volunteer(s), which may be incoming very soon.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
>

> On Oct 3, 2011, at 2:09 PM, Ramirez, Paul M (388J) wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Over the past few months Cameron and I have tried to make the RADiX vision a reality. Here's a brief update on the work and a preliminary of what will be shown at ApacheCon 2011 http://www.slideshare.net/PaulRamirez9/apache-oodt-radix. In addition, there is a Wiki that we have been using to collaborate on https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/RADiX+Powered+By+OODT; this is a great place to start to understand RADiX and will likely be the basis for installation documentation. As always volunteers are more than welcome. Feel free to use this list to provide feedback to stuff on the Wiki.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Paul & Cameron
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> From: "Ramirez, Paul M (388J)" <pa...@jpl.nasa.gov>>
>> Date: April 18, 2011 8:14:16 AM PDT
>> To: "dev@oodt.apache.org<ma...@oodt.apache.org>" <de...@oodt.apache.org>>
>> Cc: oodt-dev <oo...@jpl.nasa.gov>>
>> Subject: RADiX for ApacheCon
>>
>> Hey All,
>>
>> Cameron and I are going to send in a proposal to talk about RADiX at Apache Con in November. RADiX aims to be an easy distribution of OODT with components integrated out of the box. It will provide a direction for both the source and deployment structure of OODT and allow one to easily get from one to the other. Feel free to help out or provide input to this effort at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/RADiX+Powered+By+OODT . We have an initial goal of getting Crawler, FileMgr, and Workflow integrated by end of June and the rest of the components by end of October. As always comments, suggestions, and commits are welcome.
>>
>> As a side note, our Apache Con presentation will focus mostly on RADiX but it would be nice to have a presentation that focused on OODT vocabulary and its paradigm to building data systems; which would flow really well into our presentation.
>>
>> Any others that want to help out in this Apache Con effort the submission deadline is Friday, April 29th http://na11.apachecon.com/. We're hoping that we can build synergy with anyone else that is going to submit a presentation proposal.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov