Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Yaniv Rabi <ya...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/13 12:42:37 UTC

Possible broken link: other - no hebrew UI language support

Hello, open office staff.

I entered you'r UI language support site
and i didn't find no hebrew UI language file,
this is very frustrating, as an End User, i thought more of you.

Please fix this minor bug,
and add an hebrew UI for OpenOffice 3.0 or later 3.4.1.

--
Thanks for Advance,
Yaniv R.

Re: Possible broken link: other - no hebrew UI language support

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Yaniv Rabi <ya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, open office staff.
>
> I entered you'r UI language support site
> and i didn't find no hebrew UI language file,
> this is very frustrating, as an End User, i thought more of you.
>
> Please fix this minor bug,
> and add an hebrew UI for OpenOffice 3.0 or later 3.4.1.

Hello Yaniv,

We do have Hebrew supported for OpenOffice.org 3.3.0.  You can
download it here:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/legacy/other.html

However, the UI translation for Apache OpenOffice for 3.4.1 was only
92% complete.  And the help files were only 52% translated.  So we
were not able to publish the translation in this incomplete state.

We rely on volunteers for all aspects of this open source project,
including translation.  If volunteers step forward to help complete
the translation then we can include Hebrew support in our 4.0 release
later this spring.   If you know anyone who might want to help, they
can find more information here:

http://openoffice.apache.org/translate.html

Regards,

-Rob