Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Groovie <gr...@groovesytems.de> on 2008/09/28 13:32:21 UTC

[TOBAGO] serious problems with managed-bean's

Dear sirs,

i have the problem, that i can only read from managed-beans, but
unable to change their attribute values, nor i am able to call
a action. It looks like a one-dataflow.

Here is the managed-beans config:

<managed-bean>
	<managed-bean-name>loginBean</managed-bean-name>

<managed-bean-class>org.blueprint01.app.ui.login.LoginBean</managed-bean-class>
	<managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
</managed-bean>

<managed-bean>
	<managed-bean-name>loginController</managed-bean-name>

<managed-bean-class>de.axa.wz.blueprint01.app.ui.login.LoginController</managed-bean-class>
	<managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
</managed-bean>

The first bean is  used to keep a session long data, where my controller
is only needed to ... perform a callback in my attached Controller-Bean.

I have the impression, that the exposed date, that is beeing sent back
(modified)  cannot be correctly identified. The Log-File shows a strange
message:

ERROR ViewHandlerImpl:101 - renderView - view id '/pages/login.jsp'; view
root: 'org.apache.myfaces.tobago.component.UIViewRoot@89ffb18'

You may noticed, that /pages/login.jsp is the Page, that was used
to sent out the data, and finally also needed to decorde the invoming
HTML-Message.

Somebody has a idea, what's the problem or how i get can
get it!

Thanks in advance....

___
PS: The bean attributes are of course writable.

Re: [TOBAGO] serious problems with managed-bean's

Posted by Groovie <gr...@groovesytems.de>.

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
Do you have an h:messages page in your page so you can see
conversion/validation error messages? If not, try adding one..

Regards,
Simon

RE: [TOBAGO] CLOSED serious problems with managed-bean's

Posted by Groovie <gr...@groovesytems.de>.
Salut Arvid,

in advance, thanks for your help.

When i started with Tobago i had the problem, that i wasn't able to find
a good introduction, who the tags could be used to buid an nice webapp.
See the knowledge is somehow distributed in the java/tld Doc, but for a
newbee this was nogood!

So i decided to get the Demo http://tobago.atanion.net/tobago-example-demo/
und try to change is step by step. Finally, that was also not a good idea,
cause this apps uses its own navigation handle, that is a little bit complex
but good enough to understand its existence.

I remember, that i dropped some code off. Anayway i was trying to
goon with the layout-tag. I think there was still some old setting, that
prevented MyFaces/Tobago read the form-variables into the beans.

Anyway, it seems, that i still have a problem with the transition from one
JSP-page to another, only the first page is loaded, regardless what  the
controller returns as a string.
Would it be a better solution to rewrite the JSP code, without the
beautifil layout tag of the demo application?

Does there exist a log-fascility, that reports the state/jsp-page change
with regard to the received Controller return value ?