Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Justin Rudd <ju...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/09 20:43:38 UTC

Problems

I'm getting the following error on Linux Kernel 2.4.21-31, but not on
Linux Kernel 2.4.29-1.0a.  The former kernel is runing RHEL 3.0 and
the latter kernel is running RedHat 7.2.

I saw this issue http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-456 but I
don't think it has anything to do with me.

I'm using Derby 10.1.1.0.  The path is fairly straightforward -
/home/justin/projects/derby/resume-organizer.  Then the DB is put into
a data subdirectory.  I tried renaming resume-organizer to
resumeorganizer since maybe weird characters bug it (like the !).  But
that didn't seem to be the problem.

So what is the functionality that is missing?

Thanks!

Startup failed due to missing functionality for
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.stream.InfoStreams. Please ensure your
classpath includes the correct Derby software.
ERROR XBM02: Startup failed due to missing functionality for
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.stream.InfoStreams. Please ensure your
classpath includes the correct Derby software.
   at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(java.lang.String,
java.lang.Object) (Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.missingImplementation(java.lang.String)
(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.bootModule(boolean,
java.lang.Object, org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.ProtocolKey,
java.util.Properties) (Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startModule(boolean,
java.lang.Object, java.lang.String, java.lang.String,
java.util.Properties) (Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.startSystemModule(java.lang.String)
(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.runWithState(java.util.Properties,
java.io.PrintStream) (Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.FileMonitor.FileMonitor(java.util.Properties,
java.io.PrintStream) (Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.startMonitor(java.util.Properties,
java.io.PrintStream) (Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.JDBCBoot.boot(java.lang.String,
java.io.PrintStream) (Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver.boot() (Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver.<clinit>() (Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass() (/lib/ssa/libgcj.so.4.0.0)
   at java.lang.Class.forName(java.lang.String, boolean,
java.lang.ClassLoader) (/lib/ssa/libgcj.so.4.0.0)
   at java.lang.Class.forName(java.lang.String) (/lib/ssa/libgcj.so.4.0.0)

Re: Problems

Posted by Justin Rudd <ju...@gmail.com>.
Argh...

My desktop worked fine.  But the RHEL3 build box I was using had some
shared environment settings that was putting /usr/bin at the beginning
of the path.  /usr/bin had a java link that pointed to an OLD IBM Java
compiler.

So now I have a script that I run on that build box that fixes that path.

Sorry for the confusion...

--
Justin

Re: Problems