Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Tachtevrenidis, Kosta" <Ko...@weyerhaeuser.com> on 2006/02/26 10:14:56 UTC

Invalid URI reported by .NET Client (WSE 3.0)

I have been struggling with this for a while.

I have a basic service that receives an OMElement and returns one. Here
is an example of what it return (with header info ommitted).

<createContentResponse><result>Hello</result></createContentResponse>

Using WSE3.0 I pass it a string and everything is good, I can manipulate
it on the server side just fine. When my axis2 service returns the soap
response, me .NET client reports this:

 ----> System.UriFormatException : Invalid URI: The format of the URI
could not be determined.
	at Microsoft.Web.Services3.AsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result)
	at
Microsoft.Web.Services3.Messaging.SoapClient.SendRequestResponse(String
methodname, SoapEnvelope envelope)
	at
Microsoft.Web.Services3.Messaging.SoapClient.SendRequestResponse(String
methodname, Object obj)

Here is my service:

	public OMElement createContent (OMElement elem)
	{
		String 	resultText;
		OMElement 	resultElem;
		OMFactory 	fac = OMAbstractFactory.getOMFactory();
		OMNamespace namespace =
fac.createOMNamespace("http://tempuri.org", "ns1");

		OMElement theResult = fac.createOMElement("result",
namespace);
		resultText = "Hello";
		theResult.setText(resultText);

		resultElem =
fac.createOMElement("createContentResponse", namespace);
		resultElem.addChild(theResult);

		return resultElem;
	}
}

I know the correct response is generated because I can see it through
the TcpTunnelGUI. Why can't WSE 3.0 interpret it?

Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong or whatever other information
I need to provide for better troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Kosta Tachtevrenidis