Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Markus Wiesenbacher <ma...@codefreun.de> on 2015/02/20 08:27:40 UTC

Programmatic default definition for a Cache

Hi,

I am currently switching from Hazelcast to GridGain / Ignite and want to use
more than one IgniteCache-instance of the same Configuration. If I am using
Ignite.jcache(String) I need to name a CacheConfiguration, which always
delivers the same instance if used with Ingite.jcache(String).

Is there a way to get always a new instance or define a
default-configuration? Now I am getting an error if I want to get an
instance without same named Configuration.

Here my test-code:

package com.peertank.driver.ignite;

import java.util.UUID;

import org.apache.ignite.Ignite;

import org.apache.ignite.IgniteCache;

import org.apache.ignite.Ignition;

import org.apache.ignite.cache.CacheDistributionMode;

import org.apache.ignite.cache.CacheMode;

import org.apache.ignite.configuration.CacheConfiguration;

import org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration;

public class IgniteTest {

             CacheConfiguration<String, String> cacheConfig = new
CacheConfiguration<String, String>();

             cacheConfig.setName
("CACHE_PARTITIONED_OFFHEAP");

             cacheConfig.setCacheMode
(CacheMode.REPLICATED);

             cacheConfig.setDistributionMode
(CacheDistributionMode.PARTITIONED_ONLY);

             IgniteConfiguration config        = new IgniteConfiguration();

             config.setCacheConfiguration      (cacheConfig);

             config.setNodeId                        (UUID.randomUUID());

             config.setGridName                      ("THEGRID");

             Ignite ignite = Ignition.start (config);

             // === Cache 1

             IgniteCache<String, String> cache = ignite.jcache
("CACHE_PARTITIONED_OFFHEAP");

             cache.put ("name", "foo");

             // === Cache 2

             IgniteCache<String, String> cache2 = ignite.jcache
("CACHE_PARTITIONED_OFFHEAP");

             cache2.put ("name", "bar");

             // === Output

             System.out.println (cache.get ("name"));       // expected
"foo" but delivers "bar"

             System.out.println (cache2.get ("name"));             //
expected "bar"

       }

}

Best regards

Markus

Re: Programmatic default definition for a Cache

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Got it, you are talking about dynamic cache starting. We are currently
working on adding this feature and it should be available in a couple of
weeks.

Here is the Jira ticket you can track:

D.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Got it, you are talking about dynamic cache starting. We are currently
working on adding this feature and it should be available in a couple of
weeks.

Here is the ticket you can track:

AW: Programmatic default definition for a Cache

If you need to define 2 different caches, you should add them separately to IgniteConfiguration and give them different names, like so:

----
CacheConfiguration<String, String> cacheConfig1 = new CacheConfiguration<String,

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Hi Markus,