Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Irwin Hurst <ih...@serviceware.com> on 2000/08/17 21:14:59 UTC

First time user questions

I am attempting to user the Xalan C++ code and I am having trouble running
the sample applications.  I have searched through the site to find more
information but have come up empty so I was hoping somebody could answer a
few (hopefully) simple questions.  I am sure I have my VC configuration
wrong.

Here are the zips that I have downloaded and extracted.
Xalan-C_0_40_0-win32.zip
Xerxes-C_1_2_0a-win32.zip
Xerxes-C-src_1_2_0a.zip

I am trying to compile the SimpleTransformation project and I am having
trouble getting it to recognize the libraries.  I checked the library
modules that are in the project settings and found the following reference.
..\..\..\..\xml-xerces\c\Build\Win32\VC6\Debug\*.lib

The "xml-xerxes" folder does not exist in any of the zips that I have
downloaded.  Can somebody tell me if I missed something?

Since I could not find this folder, I changed the setting to include all the
libs from the xml-xalan....\debug folder, as well as the Xerxes library.  I
explicitly named all the libs in the folder and then included the debug
directory in my library path under the Tools setting in VC++.  After I did
this, it compiled but the app would not run correctly. I am getting a
runtime error R6025 - pure virtual function call.

I am guessing that what I did was wrong but I was trying to get the sample
app to compile.  If I can just get this one app to compile then I should be
fine.

Your help and patience is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PS. I am not on the list and did not see any way of registering, please
reply directly to my email.