Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Shane_Curcuru/CAM/Lotus <Sh...@lotus.com> on 2002/02/14 22:24:19 UTC

[ANN] Xalan-J 2.3.0 gold release posted

We're happy to announce that Xalan-J 2.3.0 has been posted to our website.
This 2.3 release includes a significant number of changes since our
previous 2.2 release including:

-- Xalan-J now includes Xerces-J 2.0.0 instead of 1.4.4; note that
xerces.jar has changed names to xercesImpl.jar.

-- A number of bugfixes and some performance improvements have been added.

-- The Xalan-J 1.x backwards compatibility API's have been removed.

-- The XSLTC implementation included with Xalan-J has updates to a new
version of BCEL with a new bin/regexp.jar.

-- For more details on changes, between 2.2 and 2.3 see
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/readme.html#done

Website: http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/

Downloads: (with associated .sig files)
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/dist/xalan-j_2_3_0-bin.zip and .tar.gz
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/dist/xalan-j_2_3_0-src.zip and .tar.gz
  tagged: xalan-j_2_3_0

Followup-to: xalan-dev@xml.apache.org

On behalf of all the Xalan-J committers,
 - Shane
curcuru@apache.org   shane_curcuru@yahoo.com   shane_curcuru@us.ibm.com