Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ankit Singla <an...@umich.edu> on 2006/11/08 20:23:00 UTC

committing to afs from windows

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I have full access to my AFS directory using Windows Explorer. I can
checkout from an AFS repository, but when I attempt to commit/check in
files, </font>I get a "cannot flush file to disk" error. I don't
understand why this error occurs, or what exactly it's a bug with,
because I can commit to any directory on my own hard drive just fine,
whether the working directory is on AFS or not, but if the repository
is on AFS, then I get the error, no matter where the working directory
is.&nbsp; What's even more odd is that if I use puTTY to access my AFS space
from Linux, then I can use svn without issue, so it's not completely an
incompatibility between AFS and Subversion.&nbsp; Please CC responses to me
as I'm not on the mailing list. Thanks.<br>
--Ankit Singla

Re: committing to afs from windows

Posted by Jeremy Pereira <je...@jeremyp.net>.
On 8 Nov 2006, at 20:23, Ankit Singla wrote:

> I have OpenAFS installed and I have full access to my AFS directory
> using Windows Explorer. I can checkout from an AFS repository, but
> when I attempt to commit/check in files, I get a "cannot flush file
> to disk" error.

I would hazard a guess that subversion is doing an fflush() or fsync
or similar and the operation is not supported on AFS or at least not
on the OpenAFS implementation for Windows.