Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Arul Dhesiaseelan <ar...@fluxcorp.com> on 2008/04/21 22:35:50 UTC

JAX-RS sample broken in trunk?

Hi,

I was using a recent snapshot of 2.1. When I tried to compile the JAX_RS
sample, it failed. After looking at the source code, I see
SingletonResourceProvider no longer has a default constructor. I fixed
the Server.java in the sample as shown below.

        JAXRSServerFactoryBean sf = new JAXRSServerFactoryBean();
        sf.setResourceClasses(CustomerService.class);
        sf.setResourceProvider(CustomerService.class, new
SingletonResourceProvider(new CustomerService()));
        sf.setAddress("http://localhost:9000/");

        sf.create();

After this, when I run the client it fails with the following HTTP-500
internal error.

client:
     [java] Sent HTTP GET request to query customer info
     [java] Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Server
returned HTTP
 response code: 500 for URL:
http://localhost:9000/customerservice/customers/123

     [java]     at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Ht
tpURLConnection.java:1241)
     [java]     at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1009)
     [java]     at demo.jaxrs.client.Client.main(Client.java:52)
     [java] Java Result: 1

This used to work earlier.

Can someone help understand this error?

Thank you
Arul

RE: JAX-RS sample broken in trunk?

Posted by "Beryozkin, Sergey" <Se...@iona.com>.
I've just managed to run the demos after building a distribution in the
trunk, after fixing the compilation errors (thanks Arul for highlighting
the problem).
I did 'mvn install' in the distribution and then built the demos in the
target... Not sure why you're seeing the failure. Can you try it aian
after the patch to fox the demo compilation issues will be applied ?

Cheers, Sergey

> I was using a recent snapshot of 2.1. When I tried to compile the
> JAX_RS sample, it failed. After looking at the source code, I see
> SingletonResourceProvider no longer has a default constructor. I fixed

> the Server.java in the sample as shown below.
>
>        JAXRSServerFactoryBean sf = new JAXRSServerFactoryBean();
>        sf.setResourceClasses(CustomerService.class);
>        sf.setResourceProvider(CustomerService.class, new
> SingletonResourceProvider(new CustomerService()));
>        sf.setAddress("http://localhost:9000/");
>
>        sf.create();
>
> After this, when I run the client it fails with the following HTTP-500

> internal error.
>
> client:
>     [java] Sent HTTP GET request to query customer info
>     [java] Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Server
> returned HTTP
> response code: 500 for URL:
> http://localhost:9000/customerservice/customers/123
>
>     [java]     at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Ht
> tpURLConnection.java:1241)
>     [java]     at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1009)
>     [java]     at demo.jaxrs.client.Client.main(Client.java:52)
>     [java] Java Result: 1
>

> This used to work earlier.
>
> Can someone help understand this error?
>
> Thank you
> Arul

> Scanned by MessageLabs for the Super Flux Friends
Can someone clarify this issue?

Thank you
Arul

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387
Registered Address: The IONA Building, Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4,
Ireland

Registered Number: 171387

RE: JAX-RS sample broken in trunk?

Posted by "Beryozkin, Sergey" <Se...@iona.com>.